I hate that I just came up with this and the Bundle Monster contest is already over and done with. I would have totally entered with this because I love how it turned out. I was inspired by a fabric print that I saw in a store. It had patchwork mixed animal print in these colors.
Done completely using nail polishes and Bundle Monster images.... oh yeah, and a ton of scotch tape.
I did a tutorial for this once since my Wild Animal Tutorial got such a great reception from you guys. Both of these were inspired by the fabric section of the craft store ;)
1. Solid mani of China Glaze For Audrey (my pics came out a little too blue, but y'all know what this color looks like already anyhow)
2. Stamp using the giraffe type image on BM10 & black polish. It doesn't have to be perfect or centered, because you'll only use a section of the image by the time it's done. Seche Vite topcoat.
3. Tape off what section of the image turned out best to preserve it.
4. Paint exposed portion with Sally Hansen Lavender Cloud.
5. Tape off another section before stamping your next image. I used black polish and the swirly image on BM19. Remove tape & topcoat.
6. I got tired and went to bed here. You don't have to be that extreme, but allow sufficient dry time between each step. ;)
7. Tape off your previously stamped images exposing only the blank space.
8. Sponge on Orly's Prince Charming, then stamp on the zebra print from BM16 using Revlon's Haute for Chocolate. (Does anybody have a suggestion for a better brown stamping polish?)
9. Seche Vite topcoat over all & clean up around the cuticle.
What do you think? I really like it even if the zebra print kind of looks like woodgrain! Maybe I meant for it to look that way ;)Pin It